Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Endorsing Association 3E: Ethics, Excellence, Economics

I would like to take this opportunity to heartily endorse Association 3E: Ethics, Excellence, Economics.


I discovered this organization last weekend, when my wife and I were having a 20th anniversary child-free getaway weekend in the Napa Valley. While working my way through the tasting plates at the Wine Spectator Greystone Restaurant run by the Culinary Institute of America restaurant, I discovered: "The mission of Association 3E is the advancement of excellence in extra virgin olive oil." Yes, Ethics, Excellence, Economics is the slogan for a group of producers of super-premium olive oils. I lay no claim to a sophisticated palate for super-premium olive oils. My unsophisticated, seat-of-the-pants opinion is YUM.